Friday, December 4, 2015

Branded for You (AudioBook) by Cheyenne Mccray

Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)

Hi everyone. This review is less of a review of the book and more of a review of the Audiobook that is narrated by David Quimby. 
My opinion of this story has not changed since I reviewed it in August of 2014. But let me revisit my review:
What can I say? Cheyenne McCray delivers a HOT cowboy and a great story to go along!
Cheyenne McCray is well known for her stories that are big on seriously HOT cowboys, seriously HOT  sex, and a woman that can more than handle all that HOTNESS!
Branded for You is no different. I was a little bit surprised, in a good way, that the book started out in a gentle, easy-going manner. The story is about a young woman who moves to an area right outside Prescott, AZ that has a gentle, easy-going lifestyle. I enjoyed that fact that the tempo of her story followed what was going on in the story. But don't think for a minute that Miss McCray changed her style of writing. Oh no!! She jumps in with both feet at the exact right time, but the story's tempo goes back and forth from slow and easy, to fast, HOT, and steamy!!
Another specific thing that I enjoyed about this story was the fact that Megan was not the cookie cutter, size 2 woman that the hot, sexy male falls in love with. Megan is described as at a curvy woman. I personally get so tired of Hollywood's unrealistic expectation of what a sexy woman looks like. Miss McCray had the guts to go outside the "norm" and have a hot, sexy man fall for a healthy woman. Kudos to Miss McCray!!
Now, let me get off my little soapbox and get back to the important things: Miss McCray is a seasoned writer who knows exactly what it takes to draw her readers in, grab them by the hormones and keep them wanting more!! Miss McCray is a pro and a damn good one!
All right, let's get into the narration. Mr. Quimby is a very articulate, well-enunciated narrator. There is never any difficulty understanding what Mr. Quimby is saying. He attempts to create a different "voice" for each character, but in my opinion it is a little weird to hear an older gentleman attempt the voice of a little girl or a 30-something woman. I also had a little difficulty picturing Ryan as a hot, muscular cowboy when the dialogue came from a man that sounded to be in his mid to late 50's or older. For me, it is important to be able to have a running "movie" in my head as I read.As I listened to Mr. Quimby, I found that very hard.
I recommend that everyone give the audiobook a try. Why? Because each person enjoys books and stories differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment