Sunday, February 5, 2017

Foreshadowed (Near Death Series #1) by Holly M. Campbell


Synopsis via Amazon:

Hope Murdoch was born dead. She took a breath two minutes later and now is an almost-normal sixteen-year-old. Normal: a hopeless crush on the boy next door, a negative body image, and a (mis)diagnosis of ADHD. Not-so-normal: an exhausting and distracting ability to read minds. High school is hard enough without hearing what everyone really thinks of you. Lance Hampton used to be normal until a car accident killed him and his parents. Paramedics brought him back to a life he doesn’t want: orphaned, uprooted, living with his uncle, and suddenly able to see how people die. At his new school, he tries to keep to himself. Seeing how complete strangers die is torture enough, let alone friends. At first glance, Hope doesn’t think much of Lance (though a lot of the other girls do). He looks like the typical bad boy. No thank-you…but then she meets his eyes and everything goes dark. She hears labored breathing. Rapid footsteps. And then a thud as someone falls to the ground. Inside Lance’s head, Hope just witnessed a vision of murder…her own. Together, Hope and Lance try to catch a killer before he’s red-handed. A killer who could be anywhere. Anyone. Sure Hope can read minds and Lance can see death, but they still can’t see in the dark.

This was the first book I have read by Miss Campbell. And it will most surely NOT be the last.
Miss Campbell writes with heart, soul, and lots of imagination!
It is very hard for me to put into words why I really liked this book. Some books defy written emotion and this is one of them. You see, as I read the story I actually became part of the story.  I felt the hope, the frustration, the anger, and the fear of all of the characters. Her character development is off the chart. She made me feel like Hope and Lance were my friends.To evoke these feelings from a reader takes a writer with true talent.
The story line is fresh and intriguing. I can honestly say I have personally never come across this type of story in my lifetime of reading. And believe me, I have been reading for a very long time. 💖📚
This is a definite must-read in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment