Sunday, May 3, 2015

One To Hold by Tia Louise

One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)

Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18. (M/F)

As of May 3, 2015, this book is free on ALL e-book retailers. I don't know how long this will last. Check it out!

Synopsis via Goodreads:

Derek Alexander is a retired Marine, ex-cop, and the top investigator in his field. Melissa Jones is a small-town girl trying to escape her troubled past.

When the two intersect in a bar in Arizona, their sexual chemistry is off the charts. But what is revealed during their "one week stand" only complicates matters.

Because she'll do everything in her power to get away from the past, but he'll do everything he can to hold her. 

Derek and Melissa, wow! I fell in love with these two! Their story is romantic, heartbreaking, HOT, intriguing, somewhat suspenseful, and did I mention HOT?!!

Melissa and her best friend Elaine decide to have a nice relaxing week at a spa resort in Scottsdale, AZ. This trip is meant to help Melissa get away from her past (no spoilers here!). Melissa decides to have a drink in the bar at the resort and meets Derek. Sparks fly between the two and a one week stand is offered. Melissa keeps telling herself she isn't "available" for anything, but can't seem to stay away from Derek and the mind-blowing sex between them.

But when the week is up and it is time for them to go their own ways, things get complicated.

Miss Louise does a wonderful job of creating characters that get into your head and your heart. I couldn't help but fall in love with both Melissa and Derek. I loved the way they connected, but still kept aloof. I found myself hoping that everything would turn out sunshine and roses for the two. But I loved the journey I had to go through to find out how these two fared. Miss Louise created a fantastic "bad guy". He wasn't actually "physically" in the story much, but in the time she gave him, she developed him so well that I really hated the guy!
Miss Louise did a superb job of giving all the details without dragging the story down with too much detail. All the specifics were written into the story line in such a way that details and characters were a natural progression. Her writing reached out and touched my heart and emotions. I was emotionally involved throughout the story.
When the scenes go "between the sheets", per se, it is so hot that I was afraid my e-reader was going to spontaneously combust! I will never look at a family bathroom the same!!
I enjoyed this book so much that I read it in 1 day! You will love it too!!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment